Following on from the work with Health Education England – North, Central and East London, we were recommended to Barts Health for the provision of a health coaching training with health professionals across the Trust. This work began in the summer 2017 and has extended into a multi-year programme, aimed at building Coaching for Health capacity across the Trust to sustain the impact beyond our direct involvement.
So far, the programme has included:
- Half day sessions to over a thousand health professionals from across the Trust to cover the core Coaching for Health skills to use with patients and clients.
- A schedule of the longer 2 day Coaching for Health programmes, which began in January 2018 and have continued throughout the year, for health professionals across the Trust, including community settings.
- Asset mapping of those who’ve already attended our training or similar, for the role of Champions or Trainers.
- A Train the Trainer programme, for which the initial batch of Trainers have been identified. Having attended the core 2 day programmes, the next Train the Trainer programme is likely to be scheduled in 2019 along with opportunities for their quality assurance/supervision.
- A team approach where particular teams in the Trust have been identified for a more bespoke approach – reviewing the pathway and evaluation metrics from a coaching perspective, and providing tailored training to the entire team. The first team will begin this process in early 2019 with evaluation to follow.
- Planned specific training for staff in ITU wards on how to manage difficult conversations.